Thursday, March 1, 2007

Bad boys, bad boys what you gonna do…

“I followed all the rules – of God and of Man but they loved you more” – This is my favorite line from Legends of the fall. I’m sure anyone who watched this movie liked Tristan (Brad Pitt) better than Alfred (Aidan Quin) even though Tristan was the asshole. Bad boys are reckless and selfish, but more passionate and seem to live life to the fullest. Good boys are boring. But I was always the good boy, always followed the rules…and I think I still do. But I have done a really bad thing…and I know I will pay for it.

I never really believed I was a nice guy. It’s just what people think of me. In fact I was never comfortable with that perception because I know it was / is a lie. But I like to do nice things. People insisted I couldn’t pull off the bad boy thing…well I sure showed them…in the worst possible way. I hurt a lot of people, but worst of all I hurt the one person who really believed and loved me because I was the good boy. I will always regret hurting her, especially the way I did it…and I believe I deserve everything that comes to me… I never expected to get away with it. I guess the catholic in me wants to be punished for my sins…it will not make things better but maybe earn me a little redemption.

No comments: